Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed passport application form .
- Two (2) identical non digitized colour photographs one of which should be certified by the Notary Public who signs Section G
- Expired Passport
- Original Birth Certificate
- Original Marriage Certificate, where applicable
- Original Death Certificate, where applicable
- Original Adoption Register, where applicable
- Divorce Judgement, where applicable
If born abroad, in addition to the Birth Certificate, please submit one of the following:
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Letter of Certificate of Citizenship
- Certificate of Registration
Instructions on completing the passport application form for renewal (Adults)
In order to make sure your application is not delayed because of mistakes, please follow the below instructions.
The Passport Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA) is able to issue secure passport to Jamaicans largely because of the accuracy of the information YOU provide. If any of the information that is asked for is false or missing, your application will be delayed or be referred for further review and investigation. These precise requirements help PICA ensure that the right passport is issued to the right person.
Section A: must be fully completed by all applicants.
Section B: must be completed by both men and women who are or have been married, regardless on whether it’s your intention to adopt your spouse’s surname (women).
When signing the form on page 2, make sure your signature stays inside the box (not touching the lines of the box) and it is closely identical to your signature at bottom of page 2 (Section E) of the application.
Section C: should be left blank.
Section D: make sure the correct information is supplied for your recent passport: Passport No, Date of Issue, and Place of Issue.
- Tick “?” the middle box bearing the inscription “All previous passports granted to me have been surrendered…“, and again state your passport number on the line provided.
- When signing at Section E, your signature must be closely identical to your signature in the signature box at the top of page 2 of the application form.
- Make sure you indicate the date on which you completed the application form.
Section F: Two emergency contacts must be supplied, one of which must be in the country your reside.
Section G: Must be completed and stamped by a Notary Public. The same Notary Public must certify the back of one your passport photographs (NO EMBOSSED SEAL). The Notary Public need not be personally known to you. N.B. If the applicant appears in person, then it is not required to have Section G or the photograph completed and certified by a Notary Public.
Section H: Must be completed if you’re required to wear head covering for religious purposes.
Section I: Must be completed by all applicants born outside of Jamaica.